Format and Rules
Scoop Taylor Game Rules
All games are STOP CLOCK
4th, 5th & 6th Grade --14 Minute Halves
7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th Grade -- 16 Minute Halves
1. The team listed to the right of schedule is considered the HOME TEAM. They will provide the game ball and a score keeper.
2. HALFTIME: 4 - minute halftime.
3. TIME OUTS: Each team has 3 full-time outs per game. One additional time out for OT period in addition to what they have remaining.
- One on one on the 10th foul of the half, never get to 2 shot fouls except of course on shooting fouls
- Player disqualified on 6th foul
- Players Move on the release
6 . Head coach may stand in designated coaches box area and is allowed to call time out. Assistant coaches cannot stand during game action.
7. OVERTIME: Each team receives an additional full timeout in addition to what they have remaining.
- 1st OT 3 Minutes
- 2nd OT 2 Minutes
- 3rd OT SUDDEN DEATH
Running Clock Rule
All games are stop clock. There is an exception however:
A running clock can be used in the 2nd half only, if there is a 20 point score difference and BOTH coaches agree to use a running clock. This is not the referee's decision to make; it is a coach decision. If the score difference gets back to 10, the game can revert back to a stop clock. Note that the clock will stop on all shooting fouls regardless; don't want the clock to run out while a player is on the line.